Back to Blog Listing
To be eligible for discounted licensing and subscription fees from Microsoft, your organisation must be a non-profit, or non-governmental organisation with recognised charitable status.
To prove your eligibility, Microsoft will request your organisation’s charity details and supporting information.
There are different processes for obtaining proof of charitable status within the UK:
- In England and Wales, your organisation must be registered with the UK Charity Commission.
- Organisations located in Scotland must be registered with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCAR).
The organisation’s charity status should also be recorded in HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) records as tax exempt. Northern Ireland doesn't have a regulatory commission system for
charities, so proving that your organisation is tax exempt from HMRC is a first step to eligibility.
In addition to charitable status Microsoft will apply a range of other eligibility criteria. The key to this is that the organisation must have a mission to benefit the community. For example:
- Advancing education
- Improving social welfare
- Preserving culture
- Preserving or restoring the environment
- Promoting human rights
It should be noted that schools, colleges and universities and not eligible for charity rates and should apply for educational pricing, which is still heavily discounted.
In addition, any organisation that discriminates based on race, colour, gender, religion etc. will not be eligible. The only exception to this policy is for religious organisations that are
exempt from laws that prohibit such discrimination.
Applying for Charity Pricing
In order to apply for charity pricing for Dynamics CRM Online and Office 365 Microsoft recommend the following process:
- Take out a of Office 365 or Dynamics CRM Online. Ensure that the trial is taken out with the charity's details
- Once the trial is setup go to the Support section of the Office 365 Administration interface
- Raise a new support ticket for the Billing department
- In the support ticket request that this Office 365 tenant is validated for charity status. Include with the ticket details
- Company/organisation name
- Domain e.g. www.thecharity.org
- Contact name
- Address including city, post code, and country/region
- Phone number and email address
- Microsoft may contact you for further information to help validate the organisations status
- Once approved you will see all subscriptions in the Office 365 portal are available at charity rates.
Non Profit licencing
There are three core User Subscription Licenses (USLs) for Dynamics CRM Online available from Microsoft and the current charitable rates for subscriptions are:
For Office 365 these rates are:
Please note that pricing may be subject to change. Please Contact Us for latest pricing.
Dynamics CRM Professional
Each CRM Online Professional User Subscription License (USL) provides full use of, sales, service, and marketing functionality and subject to minimum subscription levels, includes rights to Microsoft Social Listening Professional.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Basic
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Basic is designed for CRM users who need access to basic CRM functionality such as account, contact, lead, and case management. This license is also designed for business analysts who require reporting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Essential
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Essential is designed for CRM users who do not require sales, service, or marketing functions but still require specific access to custom entities.
If you are a Non Profit organisation and would like advice and assistance with purchasing Dynamics CRM or Office 365 at charitable rates then please Contact Us today.