Back to Blog Listing
Dynamics 365 has great new document management and generation capabilities, but it is still very much version 1.0 of this feature and some functionality such as document template management are limited.
You may have tried to upload multiple document templates at the same time without success, and ended up uploading each template individually. To overcome this, you can now use the ever useful XRMToolBox to upload multiple templates at the same time with a few simple steps.
To do this, first you will need to download the XRMToolBox.
1. Once you have downloaded the XRMToolbox, open and click Connect To CRM.
2. If you don’t see a connection in the list, click the "Not Connected" icon at the bottom and add a new connection to your CRM. Put in the organisation's URL, Username and Password in the requested fields.
3. Once you have filled out the login details, you will now be able to Install the plugin called “Document Template Manager” that is located in the plugin store.
4. When you’ve installed the plugin, open the "Document Template Manager" for that particular connection.
5. Click the "Load Templates" icon before you select the documents that you want to upload.
Select the files you want to use and click "Upload".
6. Once the documents are uploaded the final step is to click "OK" and your document templates will now be uploaded in Dynamics 365.
Contact Us today for more information on how to upload content into Dynamics 365, alternatively you can take out a 30 day, no obligation Free Trial to test the XRMToolBox in Dynamics 365.